Wednesday, May 29, 2013

tailer

Tailer's the best.  We've been friends since my junior year of high school and she's always been such a blessing in my life.  She's sweet and funny and loves to sing and play basketball.

When I signed up to help out some of the students with special needs, I was looking for an easy class.  But I found Tailer.  I'm so so so glad.  My junior and senior year hanging out with her was the brightest part of my day. We sang and made things out of clay.  Who wouldn't love that?

It's funny, Tailer is one of the few people who I have kept up with after high school.  Her friendship made me realize how much I love befriending people with special needs.  She's a little different, but she has an irreplaceable role in my life.

When I was having a rough time and didn't feel like I had a place where I belonged, I could always count on Tailer to be happy to see me and make me feel loved.  Love her for that.

One of my favorite things about Tailer is her favorite song.  She can sing "you are my sunshine" a million and one times and never get tired of it.  So much so that some people call her Sunshine.  I love that just by walking around and asking people to sing with her, she brings positivity, love, and sunshine.

I'm so glad we're friends.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Last year, in my junior year of high school, my friend and I were aids for the special needs PE class and it was my favorite class of the day! The kids were the sweetest and funniest people! My friend and I still talk about our wonderful students from that year and laugh at memories of the funny and adorable things they did! We had one girl named Jennifer that would always sing "you are my sunshine" as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did something similar to that my senior year! It really is so fun. And that's crazy that Jennifer sang the same song! Love it.

      Delete