Saturday, August 31, 2013

jesus makes me not as crazy


If we're talking about self-care, we've got to talk about Jesus.  I usually suck when I try to take care of myself, but He's pretty great at it.

I find that if I'm intentional about reading the word, talking to Him, or just doing something that keeps me in tune with God, then I can deal with life a lot easier.  I feel like with God, celebrations are more joyful and hard times are still hard... but He's there through it and working in it.

Living in His presence is the best.  For real.  (Not claiming that I've got this down- I do not.  But I try.)

I believe that I'm passionately loved by my heavenly Father and that He stays with me through whatever I'm going through.  I believe He knows me and what I need more intimately than I even know myself.  Knowing that He wants to take care of me, I know that I can trust Him with all of life.  His love and presence and purpose for me makes me a little bit less crazy.  And I believe all of this is true for you too.

So if you're feeling a bit cray cray today, like I do most days, go to Jesus.  He's got this.  

1 comment:

  1. "I find that if I'm intentional about reading the word, talking to Him, or just doing something that keeps me in tune with God, then I can deal with life a lot easier."

    I totally agree on this. I feel like I am more at peace and content where I am when I do that. I should do that more often. I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete