Sunday, August 11, 2013

who are you?


"Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom
Aristotle

Knowing yourself is so important in keeping yourself well.

I must have figured that out at an early age because I've been journaling and learning about myself for as long as I can remember.  For me, it's empowering to know the foods my body needs to eat, when I need to take time to be alone, and how to express myself well.  

One thing about me is that I'm an extreme introvert.  That means that I draw my energy from being alone, rather than being with people.  So a big part of me taking care of myself means that I need to listen to myself and decide when I need to take that time for me.  

It's kind of a bummer when there's a million things going on and I know that if I'm going to have any time to myself, I have to miss something.  But I think it's worth it to be energized and doing some things rather than be drained and doing everything.  

Pay attention to yourself this week and learn. What makes you laugh?  What do you do to relieve stress?  When are you at your best?

Thinking about this, here are some things I've learned about me.
1. Exercise and time with Jesus are extremely important in keeping me energized.  
2. Having my nails painted makes me feel like I'm put together, even when I'm not.
3. I'm a goal setter, so I need to work at living in the present moment.
4. Friends, New Girl, and How I Met Your Mother make me laugh.
5. I love to create.  

So, what are some of the things that make you, you?

No comments:

Post a Comment